We would like to welcome You all to our web forum-radio and thank you for your visit to our website, where you can enjoy the 80s music and find information about various artists, songs, fashion and etc. from the 1980s.

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchRegisterLog in<? echo phpinfo(); ?>

Share | 

July 27

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
pinky
Administrators
Administrators

Female
Number of posts : 554
Registration date : 2008-11-16

PostSubject: July 27   17.11.08 23:38

Births
1933 Nick Reynolds, The Kingston Trio, (1958 US No.1 & UK No.5 single 'Tom Dooley' plus nine other US Top 40 hits).

1943 Al Ramsey, Gary Lewis and the Playboys, (1965 US No.1 single 'This Diamond Ring' plus 11 other US Top 40 hits).

1944 Bobbie Gentry, US singer, songwriter, (1967 US No.1 single 'Ode To Billie Joe', 1969 UK No.1 single 'I'll Never Fall In Love Again').

1947 Andy McMaster, Motors, (1978 UK No.4 single 'Airport').

1949 Maureen McGovern, singer, (1973 US No.1 single 'The Morning After').

1949 Rory MacDonald, bass, vocals, Runrig, (1995 UK No.18 single 'An Ubhal As Airde, The Highest Apple').

1950 Michael Vaughn, guitar, Paper Lace, (1974 UK No.1 single 'Billy Don't Be A Hero', 1974 US No.1 single 'The Night Chicago Died').

1953 Suzi Carr (Will To Power,) singer, 1989 UK No.6 single 'Baby I Love Your Way / Freebird').

1960 Conway Savage, bass, Nick Cave And The Bad Seeds, (1996 UK No.36 single with PJ Harvey, 'Henry Lee').

1962 Karl Mueller, bass, Soul Asylum, (1993 US No.5 and UK No.7 single 'Runaway Train').

1964 Rex Brown, bass, Pantera, (1994 UK No.19 single 'I'm Broken').

1967 Juliana Hatfield, US singer, songwriter, (1993 UK No. 71 single 'My Sister').

Deaths
2001 Lynyrd Skynyrd bassist Leon Wilkeson died.

Events
1942 Peggy Lee recorded her first hit record "Why Don’t You Do Right."

1955 Chuck Berry's first hit record, "Maybellene" enters the US R&B chart.

1955 Billboard claims that only two singing stars can be considered guaranteed hitmakers these days: Nat King Cole and country star Webb Pierce.

1958 Fan's of rock & roll music were warned that tuning into music on the car radio could cost you more money. Researchers from the Esso gas company said the rhythm of rock & roll could cause the driver to be foot heavy on the pedal, making them waste fuel.

1959 Santo and Johnny (Farina saw their one and only hit record the instrumental "Sleepwalk" released.

1963 During a UK tour The Beatles played the last night of a six night run at The Odeon Cinema, Weston-super-Mare.

1964 The Rolling Stones appeared on BBC TV,s 'Juke Box Dury'.

1968 Bee Gee Robin Gibb collapsed as the group were about to set out on their first US tour, suffering from nervous exhaustion.

1969 Playing UK dates, Lulu started a seven night run at Birmingham's La Dolce Vita.

1974 John Denver started a two week run at No.1 on the US singles chart with 'Annie's Song', the singers second US No.1. The song was a tribute to his wife and was written in 10 minutes while he was on a ski-lift.

1974 Wings started a seven week run at No.1 on the UK album chart with 'Band On The Run', featuring the title track, 'Jet' and the US hit 'Helen Wheels'. The album sold over 6 million copies world-wide.

1974 Lynyrd Skynyrd's "Sweet Home Alabama" was released.

1976 John Lennon finally had his request for permanent residency in the United States approved.

1976 Bruce Springsteen sued his manager Mike Appel in Manhatten's U.S. District Court for fraud and breach of contract.

1976 Tina Turner files for a divorce from Ike.

1979 Alice Cooper's Indian art store in Scottsdale, Arizona was hit by a firebomb.

1983 Madonna self-titled debut album was released.

1983 Metallica began their first tour entitled "Kill 'em all for one." The tour ended on September 3, 1983.

1984 Prince's first movie, "Purple Rain," opened in the U.S.

1984 Roger Taylor from Duran Duran married Giovanna Cantonne in Naples, Italy.

1985 Paul Young went to No.1 on the US singles chart with his version of the Daryl Hall song 'Every Time You Go Away'.

1985 The Eurythmics had their only UK No.1 single with 'There Must Be An Angel (appearing With My Heart)'.

1986 Queen became the first act since Louis Armstrong to play in Budapest, Hungary.

1987 U2 filmed their video 'Where the Streets Have No Name' on the rooftop of a building LA causing traffic chaos below.

1989 Michael Jackson sued the Daily Mirror for libel after they printed a less than flattering colour photo of the ever changing singer on the front page.

1991 Bryan Adams started a seven week run at No.1 on the US singles chart with '(Everything I Do) I Do It For You'.

1991 Jesus Jones made No. 2 on the US chart with 'Right Here, Right Now', unable to shift Bryan Adams 'Everything I Do' from a seven week stay at the No.1 position.

1991 Natalie Cole started a five week run at No.1 on the US album chart with 'Unforgettable Love'.

1991 Jani Lane (Warrant) and Bobbie Brown were married.

1996 The Spice Girls scored their first No.1 UK single with 'Wannabe'. It stayed at the top for seven weeks and on the chart for 24.

1996 Toni Braxton scored her first US No.1 single with 'You're Makin' Me High', a No.7 hit in the UK.

1997 Jason Caulfield and James Hunt, roadies with Primal Scream were both arrested for possessing drugs during a festival in Tullinge, Sweden.

1997 The Soundtrack album 'Men In Black' started a two week run at No.1 on the US album chart.

1998 It was announced that Dancin' in the District, Nashville's weekly downtown concert series, would become a 21-and-over event due to issues with underage drinking.

2000 HBO aired "NSYNC Live." The show was aired from New York's Madison Square Garden.

2002 Mariah Carey checked herself into an undisclosed hospital suffering from "extreme exhaustion." The singer cancelled all public appearances, including her headlining appearance at MTV's 20th birthday party. Her record company denied tabloid reports that Carey tried to commit suicide, saying she did have cuts on her body, but the injuries were unintentional after breaking some dishes and glasses.

2003 Daniel Bedingfield scored his third UK No.1 single with 'Never Gonna Leave Your Side.'

2007 Paul Stanley (KISS) had to leave a concert due to his pulse being twice the normal level. The band performed as a trio with Gene Simmons singing all songs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

July 27
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1