We would like to welcome You all to our web forum-radio and thank you for your visit to our website, where you can enjoy the 80s music and find information about various artists, songs, fashion and etc. from the 1980s.

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchRegisterLog in<? echo phpinfo(); ?>

Share | 

November 08

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
pinky
Administrators
Administrators

Female
Number of posts : 554
Registration date : 2008-11-16

PostSubject: November 08   18.11.08 0:40

Births
1927 Ken Dodd, singer, comedian, (1965 UK No.1 single 'Tears' plus 17 other UK Top hit singles).

1942 Gerald Alston, vocals, The Manhattans, (1976 US No.1 & UK No.4 single 'Kiss And Say Goodbye').

1944 Bonnie Bramlett, Delaney and Bonnie, (1971 US No.13 single 'Never Ending Song Of Love', worked with Eric Clapton during early 70's, acting roles in 'Fame', 'Roseanne' and 'The Doors').

1944 Rodney Slater, sax, Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band, (1968 UK No.5 single 'I'm The Urban Spaceman').

1946 John Martin, The Big Figure, Dr Feelgood, (1979 UK No.9 single 'Milk And Alcohol').

1946 Roy Wood, guitar, vocals, The Move, (1969 UK No.1 single 'Blackberry way'), Wizzard, (1973 UK No.1 single 'See My Baby Jive').

1947 Minnie Riperton, US singer, (1975 US No.1 & UK No.2 with the Stevie Wonder produced single 'Loving You'). Died of cancer 12th July 1979.

1949 Alan Berger, Southside Johnny & The Ashbury Jukes, (1978 album 'Hearts Of Stone').

1949 Bonnie Raitt, Blues singer songwriter, slide guitarist, (1994 UK No.31 single 'You', 1990 US No.1 album 'Nick Of Time').

1957 Porl Thompson, The Cure, (1989 US No.2 single 'Love Song', 1992 UK No.6 single 'Friday I'm In Love', plus over 20 other UK Top 40 singles).

1958 Terry Lee Miall, Adam And The Ants, (1981 UK No.1 single 'Stand And Deliver', plus 15 other UK Top 40 singles).

1970 Rat, guitar, Neds Atomic Dustbin, (1991 UK No.16 single 'Happy').

1976 Corey Taylor, Slipknot, (2001 UK No.1 album 'Iowa'). Stone Sour.

1977 Tiffani Wood, Australian singer, songwriter, Bardot, winners of the Australian Popstars reality show, (2000 Australian No.1 single 'Poison', and 2000 Australian No.1 self-titled album). Now solo.

1985 Jack Osbourne, son of Ozzy and star of MTV The Osbournes TV Show.

Deaths
1997 Dr. Tommy Comeaux died when he was hit by a car while riding a bicycle.

Events
1932 "Make Mine Music" debuted on Broadway. The show ran for 342 performances.

1939 Frank Sinatra's recorded were "Every Day of My Life" and "Ciribiribin". They were the last songs he recorded with the Harry James Band.

1952 The first ever UK pop chart was published by the New Musical Express after staff asked 53 record shops to divulge their sales returns. 'Here In My Heart' by Al Martino was the first No.1. The song stayed at No.1 for nine weeks.

1958 The soundtrack to South Pacific went to No.1 on the UK album chart. It became the longest running No.1 album of all time spending a total of 115 weeks at the No.1 position.

1963 Dusty Springfield set out on her first UK solo tour, sharing the bill with The Searchers, Freddie & The Dreamers and Brian Poole & The Tremeloes. The first night was in Halifax.

1964 Judy Garland and her daughter, Liza Minnelli appeared together at the London Palladium.

1965 The Beatles worked on a new George Harrison song 'Think For Yourself' at Abbey Road for their forthcoming Rubber Soul album. After rehearsing the song, they recorded the basic instrumental track in one take.

1967 The Foundations were at No.1 on the UK singles chart with 'Baby, Now That I've Found You', the group's only UK No.1.

1967 John Lennon's "How I Won the War" opened in the U.S. It was the first solo movie by a Beatle.

1968 Cynthia Powell Lennon was granted a divorce from John Lennon. The two had been married for six years.

1968 Appearing at The Walthamstow Granada Theatre, The Who, Joe Cocker and The Grease Band, The Mindbenders and The Crazy World of Arthur Brown.

1968 Jean Terrell replaced Diana Ross in the Supremes.

1969 'Something' the first Beatles A-side composed by George Harrison entered the UK singles chart, it peaked at No.4 in the UK and went on to be a No.1 on the US chart.

1971 The UK Top 5 singles chart: No.5, Tom Jones, 'Till', No.4, Al Green, 'Tired Of Being Alone', No.3, Rod Stewart, 'Maggie May', No.2, Redbone, 'The Which Queen of New Orleans' and No.1, Slade, 'Coz I Love You.'

1975 David Bowie made his US TV debut performing 'Fame', on the Cher CBS-TV show.

1975 Elton John was named Godfather to John and Yoko Lennon's son Sean.

1980 Barbra Streisand went to No.1 on the UK album chart with 'Guilty.'

1980 Bruce Springsteen started a four week run at No.1 on the US album chart with 'The River', his first US No.1 album.

1981 ITV's 'The South Bank Show' aired a documentary on the making of the Elvis Costello country album 'Almost Blue.'

1985 Sting's concert-movie "Bring On The Night" opened nationally.

1986 Metallica performed their first live concert with Jason Newstead.

1986 Taken from the film 'Top Gun', Berlin started a four-week run at No.1 on the UK singles chart with 'Take Your Breath Away'.

1986 The Police started a two week run at No.1 on the UK album with 'Every Breath You Take-The Singles'

1993 Take That kicked off their 21 date, sold out UK 'Everything Changes' tour in Bournemouth.

1995 Michael Jackson and Sony Corp. of America combined forces and created the world's third-largest music publishing company with more than 100,000 titles.

1997 Johnny Paycheck officially joined the Grand Ole Opry. He was the 72nd member of the radio show's cast.

1998 Robbie Williams scored his second UK No.1 album with 'I've Been Expecting You'.

1999 Eminem played the first of two sold out nights at the London Astoria, tickets cost Ł12.00.

2000 Spice Girl Mel C made a foul-mouthed attack on Westlife, calling them 'a useless bunch of talentless tossers' and 'as hyped-up shit'. Mel made the attack during The Spice Girls party to launch their new album 'Forever'.

2001 Winners at the MTV Europe Awards included Robbie Williams who won Best male and Best song for 'Rock DJ', Craig David won Best R&B act and Best UK & Ireland act, Dido won Best new act and Anastacia won Best pop act. Gorillaz won Best song for 'Clint Eastwood' and Best Dance act and Eminem won the Best Hip Hop award.

2005 The original "Guitar Hero" game was released in North America.

2007 Four men were arrested on suspicion of perverting the course of justice after Police raided a house in Camden, London belonging to singer Amy Winehouse. The arrests were in connection of a court case involving Ms Winehouse's husband Blake Fielder-Civil, who faced charges of causing grievous bodily harm.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

November 08
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1